Fall is in the air and (hopefully) cooler weather will be arriving soon! Sweaters, bon fires, cuddles, smore's, colored leaves, football, and pumpkins...I can hardly wait! I love when the seasons change. In the spirit of fall and all things pumpkin flavored, I made this absolutely scrumptious pumpkin chocolate chip bundt cake! It is dangerously good and tastes like fall! Do you have any favorite dishes to make for the fall season? Share with me in the comments some of your favorites! I hope you enjoy this!
P.S. I have the recipe details at the bottom of the post!
- 1 can of 15oz pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup of light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp of cloves
- 3/4 cup of milk (whole or 2%)
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- cooking non-stick spray
- 4 oz. of softened cream cheese
- 2 tbls of softened butter
- 2 tbls of pumpkin puree (from the can above)
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tbls of milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Set aside 2 tbls of pumpkin puree for the icing. Add the remaining pumpkin, butter, and sugars into mixing bowl and beat until fluffy. Add eggs in one at a time, beating just until the yellow disappears after each one.
- In a separate bowl, wisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Gradually adding in this mixture to the butter mixture, alternating adding in milk. Beat until just combined. Then, stir in chocolate chips.
- Spray bundt pan with non-stick spray and flour.
- Pour in batter and tap pan on counter to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Bake for 75-90 minutes, bake until a tooth pick is stuck into the middle of the cake and comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for 10 minutes then remove from the pan.
- To prepare the icing, beat the cream cheese, butter and 2 tbls of pumpkin together until smooth. Add milk and cinnamon and gradually beat in powdered sugar. Drizzle icing over warm cake.
- Enjoy this heavenly fall treat :)
Recipe credits: carlsbadcravings.com & pinterest